Thursday, December 27, 2007

Narrowing The Gap

I was raised in the ghettos of Detroit so I know poverty when I see it. Growing up we didn't realize we were poor because everyone around us was poor.
In order for someone to be poor there must be someone who is rich. There is certainy rich people but it takes relativity to see the difference. The point I'm trying to make is that no matter how society tries, and that means all societies, unless human beings are willing to share with everyone else, there will always be poverty. I get a good laugh when I hear politicians who want to eliminate poverty. What the hell do they know about the subject? If the politicians really want to eliminate poverty all they would have to be willling to do is create a dynamically balanced monetary system, one that narrows the gap between the haves and have nots. But of course with our currect system of rewarding only one segment of society, that will never happen. Human nature? Perhaps. Greed? Sure. But there can be a better way of living for each one on this planet. All it takes is true concern for one's fellow human beings. Happy Holidays!

No comments: